Saturday, February 7, 2015

We need another week to play monopoly

My grandson has been over during the holiday/Christmas break and we have played some monopoly.  I would say we have played a lot of monopoly.  My grandson would probably say we played some monopoly.  I only play monopoly to teach.  Each day we found or made time for monopoly, we did not finish the game.  Therefore, we put our money and playing pieces in a bag and put our names on the bag for the next time. We usually only had time to play for an hour or two. At one point during the game, my grandson offered to sell me a complete set of property for 500 dollars. I told him it was a great deal for me but a poor deal for him.  I told him I would not consider buying it from him until my next turn.  He wanted to buy hotels and did not have enough money.  When I showed him what he had paid for the properties and the income potential for him, he refused to sell me the properties for 500 dollars.  I offered to take his 500 dollar deal many times.
In our life we want so many things instantly that learning to play a game of monopoly can be an important tool.  How often in real life would we have been better off had we given ourselves a little time to decide if we needed to buy something?  We finally sat down during the week he went back to school to finish the monopoly game. 

No comments:

Post a Comment